remnants of winter

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this after our "big" snowstorm. We got 3 inches, but 30 miles north got 12". Not much PS on this, just a slight vignette on the edges. Do you think I should bump the red on the berries a little?
berries2.jpg

I like this as it is. Speaks of winter to me all right. And the red of the berries is ok. Leave it, I would say. It is nice in this muted manner, and it goes well with the faintly blue sky in the background.
The thing that does not make me too happy is the focus chosen, but that is only me. I think I would have gone for sharp foreground berries, but then, upon thinking about it further... I don't even know any more.

What I do think though is that this is a nature pic.
I will therefore move it to the Landscape and Nature Forum. OK? ;)

I have to agree. I also think the focus point could have been chosen better. Upon first looking on the picture my view landed directly on the red objects in the lower left corner where I found them out of focus. So now the search for the focussed object began. As it's very small it took me a little to find it which left me irritated about the meaning of the image.
So far my advice would be:
It's an image with potential, but maybe (if you still can because of weather) try and reshoot with the focus on the front berries.

Thanks for the reply's. And thanks for moving it, I figured after I posted it was in the wrong section. I thought that I had one with the front berries in focus, but it was a slightly different shot. But I will get some more once we get some more snow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back