Remote flash trigger

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone recommend an inexpensive but decent quality one for me?

I had ordered one on amazon from cowboy studios and received it today... It was covered in dust, looked like it had been previously used but not for a LONG time ... Like it sat on a shelf for a while or something... I was very disappointed with the items I received from a couple different Amazon "stores" today...

I would prefer to stick with Adorama since B&H is going to be closed for the week, I want to get these items ASAP...

I appreciate any and all help :)

Edit: This is the flash I'm getting: http://www.adorama.com/FASFD52CA.html

Not sure if that is going to be pertinent info or not... Or if it is based more on the camera...

Last edited:
Can someone recommend an inexpensive but decent quality one for me?

I had ordered one on amazon from cowboy studios and received it today... It was covered in dust, looked like it had been previously used but not for a LONG time ... Like it sat on a shelf for a while or something... I was very disappointed with the items I received from a couple different Amazon "stores" today...

I would prefer to stick with Adorama since B&H is going to be closed for the week, I want to get these items ASAP...

I appreciate any and all help :)
It takes a couple of weeks but I was using a set of these today and was impressed for the price (includes shipping):

ISHOOT PT-04 C Wireless Flash Trigger PT04?2 Receivers - eBay (item 270395680462 end time Apr-17-10 21:17:10 PDT)

It's a nice kit because you get 2 receivers.

Same kit, different seller, $9 less (includes shipping);

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISHOOT-Radio-Wi...ZCamera_Flash_Accessories?hash=item2ea8798158

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Only problem with ebay is I don't have a paypal account :(

First of all just because they are on Amazon doesn't mean the store is a good one. Alot of ebay people went over to Amazon and they are still the same drop shipper they were on ebay. Who knows what you might get from them. If I go to Amazon I order from Amazon and just a couple that have true physical stores.

Go to Midwest Photo Exchange and order a Cactus V4 set from them. Gadget Inifinity is the main suplier but they ship from China (which is ok, but too slow for your situation). Midwest Photo Exchange is the only ones in the states that offeres them I believe. I got mine straight from GI but could wait for the up to 2 week shipping time. Did not have a problem either time I ordered from them. And so far after 9 months they are working fine.

As for which ones to get the V4's get much better range out of the box than the V2's. The V4's also has a shorter reciever that the flash mounts too. The V2's can be modified for longer range. But I am guessing that not something you want to do.

First of all just because they are on Amazon doesn't mean the store is a good one. Alot of ebay people went over to Amazon and they are still the same drop shipper they were on ebay. Who knows what you might get from them. If I go to Amazon I order from Amazon and just a couple that have true physical stores.

Go to Midwest Photo Exchange and order a Cactus V4 set from them. Gadget Inifinity is the main suplier but they ship from China (which is ok, but too slow for your situation). Midwest Photo Exchange is the only ones in the states that offeres them I believe. I got mine straight from GI but could wait for the up to 2 week shipping time. Did not have a problem either time I ordered from them. And so far after 9 months they are working fine.

As for which ones to get the V4's get much better range out of the box than the V2's. The V4's also has a shorter reciever that the flash mounts too. The V2's can be modified for longer range. But I am guessing that not something you want to do.

:DThanks for chiming in on this one. I recommended cactus triggers because I hear good reviews of them but have never used them and don't know one model from the other. PW's on the other hand I do have experience with.

Cactus, as others have said, from Midwest Photo Exchange. Can't say enough good things about it, and a great price.

I had one - it was hacked into with a stolen bank account among MANY other issues I had with their customer service etc...

That's odd.

I've had a Paypal account since very near their beginning and have only suffered one attempt by hackers to access my personal account. (I have 1 personal and 3 business accounts)

Paypal detected the attempt and had me change my logon password.

Guess I'm just lucky.

Most reactions

Back