remote for nikon d3100

clarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how many of you use a remote, is there a difference is quality? And I'm very confused whats the difference between the trigger remote, flash remote,shutter release remote, do i need all or is there one that does all?

Last edited:
Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control

This won't work with the D3100 as that model doesn't have an IR port unlike the older D3000 and the newer D5100 and D3200 as well as the higher end models. The OP would need something like this. Amazon.com: Neewer Wireless Shutter Release For Nikon D5100, D3100, D7000, D5000, D90: Electronics

If the OP also wants a grip, then this is a good option. Amazon.com: Battery Grip for Nikon D5100 D3100 with Semi-decoding: Camera & Photo

I also have the D3100 and use the grip with remote.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
how many of you use a remote, is there a difference is quality? And I'm very confused whats the difference between the trigger remote, flash remote,shutter release remote, do i need all or is there one that does all?

Trigger remote is synonymous with shutter release remote. Flash remote refers more to setting an external flash located separated from the camera. An example would be the flash setup above the photographer or on the side to have a specific lighting effect. For most people a remote trigger/shutter release remote is a nice feature as you are able to control the shots remotely especially if you want to include yourself in the photo. For advanced uses, a remote trigger is also used to prevent camera shake. Also, remote flash is an advance photography technique which is not commonly used by most casual shooters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back