Remote Trigger question

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Summer75, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Summer75

Summer75 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I currently have this trigger

Will it work with any TTL flash or where do I look for this information?

2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    they don't appear the be no.

The YN622 triggers are TTL compatible and work well with the YN622-TX

3. Summer75

Summer75 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am abit lost on the lingo when it comes to all of this. I am currently using this trigger with my Cannon 270EX and it works great. I would like to add a second flash. I found a super cheap Neewer one that is a TTL. But I am uncertain on how to know if it will work with my trigger before I buy it. Since I already have the Yongunuo RF-605C and I know that it does work really well with my current flash, I would like to find something that will work with my current triggers.

4. FotosbyMike

FotosbyMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The YN RF-605C is a manual wireless trigger and should trigger any Canon compatible flash. So buy another trigger and connect the new flash.

TTL flashes allow the device to change settings from camera/transmitter to flash wirelessly. With that said all devices; transmitter, receivers and flash have to be TTL compatible for this option to work.

5. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

TTL just means "through the lens" (metering and controlling the flash power)! Has nothing to do with compatibility.

The Yougnuo wireless kit you have are called transceivers. They work as a trigger, and a reciever. So, you need one on your hotshoe and one for each flash you intend to use off camera. The on on the camera will act as the transmitter (you can put one flash on the unit on the camera hotshoe, but I believe you want 2 off camera flashes, so you need 3 transcievers). And the 2 off camera will act as recievers. You can actually have as many as you would like. Now if you don't have the 2nd flash yet. They do make flashes that have the wireless installed inside of them. It would a a Yongnuo flash. And it would say it's compatable with your transciever. That may be less expensive than getting another transciever and flash.

As for the Neewer flash. As long as it's a hotshoe compatable flash that works with Canon it should work. But it appears that you have to control flash power manually. For a set up like a photobooth that would be no problem. As once you get your flash values, you don't need to change them. As long as people are in the same positions.

If you have not done it yet. Please go over to Strobist.com and start with lighting 101. And follow each subchapter. You will get a much better understanding of using flashes.