Removing reflections?

herrickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.herrickphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, hoping someone can help me with this. I'm a portrait photographer but just took some product shots of this lamp for a designer and unfortunately, the whole studio and all my lights are reflected in it! Anyone know of a photoshop process I can use to get rid of the hot lights/reflection but not lose the look of the lamp. Photo can be found at http://www.herrickphoto.co.uk/lamp.html
Thanks for any and all help!

Lynn

Off the top of my head, I can only suggest some very careful cloning work. I don't think there will be any easy ways to do this, but it doesn't look too difficult, looking at the rest of the reflected scene.

edit: of course, I didn't read properly. If you want to remove the whole studio reflection, that would be more work than it's worth!

Last edited:
IMO, the hotspots are the least of your worries.

I'd be more concerned about the reflection of your room instead, it distracts completely from the subject. You should be using striplights instead anyway.

Shoot in a light tent or a dark room with only your lights on the subject etc.

well don't just give up like that just becuase you can do better now......

Tilt lenses would work somewhat, to help eliminate some reflections...but as mentioned, shooting in a dark room would work.

Other wise, you could use the blur tool, or as mentioned clone tool, but all are difficult processes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back