Removing Sun glare in photo?

njv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone tell me how to remove a glare from the sun from a photo. I've attached the photo I'm trying to fix, unfortunately, this is the best picture out of the group (because the kids are both looking in the right direction) but as you can see, there's a glare right on her head! I have lightroom and photoshop CS6, but I'm not that familiar with photoshop yet. Will greatly appreciate any tips anyone can give me!

Attachments

• $035.jpg
    $035.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,493
Backing out of this post.
Sorry. I can't help with this one.

You are AMAZING!! Thank you soooo much! Now, would you mind telling me how you did it :)? Thanks again, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!

Clone & Heal tools.

I duplicated the image, then tilted the copy about 30° CCW so the area to the right of the glare matched the area I wanted to copy/heal.
Sorry I couldn't do anything for the selective coloring or being out of focus.

Clone & Heal tools.

I duplicated the image, then tilted the copy about 30° CCW so the area to the right of the glare matched the area I wanted to copy/heal.

Thanks for explaining - that's very handy. I really need to work on my PS skills (or lack of such).

Thanks for explaining - that's very handy. I really need to work on my PS skills (or lack of such).

But, I don't have PS. I used GIMP 2.6.

But the principle's the same.

In Photoshop CS 4, 5, 6, you can use the Clone Source Window to change various aspects of a clone source.

$035.jpg

Here's an edit I did. selected areas with washed out highlights with quick mask and moved the selection to the nearest area with the same tone and put this in another layer to blend.

Clone & Heal tools.

Sorry I couldn't do anything for the selective coloring or being out of focus.
hahahaha yes

Heres the photo. Trying to figure out what tools you would suggest or what can be done to remove the sun exposure and possibly revealing any image in the glass...that would be tough.

$DA.jpeg

There are limits to what can be done and not have the edits be readily apparent, and IMO that photo is beyond the limits.

There are limits to what can be done and not have the edits be readily apparent, and IMO that photo is beyond the limits.

Possible or not, I don't see an image there worth pursuing anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back