Removing unwanted objects in photos

Everything okay at home buddy?
Fantastic, and thanks for asking.
Loosen up.
Plenty loose here. Just addressing your actual statements, and wondering how on Earth you're having such a problem as you describe, considering them.
I said C1 gets the job done for the most part.
I quoted what you said.
Most of my photos are all pre-photo, I don't use photoshop to touch up a lot besides exposure contrast maybe a little airbrush if needed.
And that means what? Do you want to solve the problem you're having, or not? The solution is completely simple. Use an editor to remove it in post, or rebuild the wall to eliminate the outlet. Gee, that was hard to figure out...
You sound like the type of guy who lives in Lightroom
I live in reality. That's working out pretty well for me.

Everything okay at home buddy?
Fantastic, and thanks for asking.
Loosen up.
Plenty loose here. Just addressing your actual statements, and wondering how on Earth you're having such a problem as you describe, considering them.
I said C1 gets the job done for the most part.
I quoted what you said.
Most of my photos are all pre-photo, I don't use photoshop to touch up a lot besides exposure contrast maybe a little airbrush if needed.
And that means what? Do you want to solve the problem you're having, or not? The solution is completely simple. Use an editor to remove it in post, or rebuild the wall to eliminate the outlet. Gee, that was hard to figure out...
You sound like the type of guy who lives in Lightroom
I live in reality. That's working out pretty well for me.

The problem is you coming at me for a statement I made just saying what gear I use. This coming from a guy who has all his gear listed on his page lol. I did solve the problem when a few people mentioned Lightroom without your bad attitude.

I've barely ever used Lightroom cause as I said C1 has been great for me. Will I use Lightroom for my problem as far as object removal? Yes I'll use the spot removal brush. You never really answered my question you just tried to belittle me for some reason. But that's probably your thing isn't it? You come on a forum like this and try to act superior to everyone in it.. Keep up the good work Meisel

Wow, where's the moderator? This guy posts on the forum that he has a problem but what he has can't solve it and he's not going to change and then attacks everyone that tries to offer solutions for him.
Moderator????????

Wow, where's the moderator? This guy posts on the forum that he has a problem but what he has can't solve it and he's not going to change and then attacks everyone that tries to offer solutions for him.
Moderator????????

I'm sorry but I just said I'd be taking the advice to using Lightroom. I've never had an attitude on this forum. Not until the guy I've been quoting decided to attack me for whatever reason. Simply sticking up for myself

Moderator????????

Oh, this is mild; cgipson would visit and post on their FB page - especially the fauxtographers.

Ever watch the Referee at an NFL Game - he always penalized the guy that hits back.

Yeah well that's cause he misses the initial infraction. It's a forum, go back and you'll see up until Buck or whatever his name is decided to give attitude things were just peachy

Let me end this post by saying thank you to the people who helped me by saying Lightoom/ spot removal could work. I know Lightroom is popular and most know it like the back of their hand but I don't. Up until now I've been a capture one guy, but I will use Lightroom for my object removal problem. So there question answered

Photoshop is better for bigger areas or if its a complex removal job that requires multiple sampling.

So if you've got photoshop use that. Just select the healing brush, alt+ click where you want the sample to be taken from and just click on where you want it moved to. The opacity can be altered in the top panel as well to get a better blend.

In Lightroom select the spot removal tool, draw a shape around the sample area and then click and drag it to where you want it to be. You can then move both areas to get a good match

Sounds like a good location for a house-plant. :)

Moderator????????

To be fair, someone did kind of attack him first.

OP - Gimp is a free version of Photoshop that may work for you without buying an $800 program. Photoshop would be better suited than Lightroom because it’s more accurate when removing things and has a lot more tools for it. Lightroom is better for larger batches of photos and is a great program if you’re shooting events where you walk away with a lot of photos. In fact, I was testing out a new camera this weekend and used Lightroom to apply a simple similar edit to about 50 of the 100 photos I selected then exported them for upload as opposed to editing each individual photo as I would have done pre-Lightroom…but that’s a bit of a tangent.

These were Photoshop jobs:
4912311024_2e140012a8_b.jpg

4911656601_2357b01e97_b.jpg

4900644623_cdf9ab78b6_b.jpg

4908968628_e681b180b4_b.jpg

OP, if you're not comfortable in Lightroom, I'd suggest Photoshop Elements. It's a LOT cheaper (you could probably get Photoshop Elements 10, which will do exactly what you want and is what I use all the time) for around $20, if not less. It's also very easy to use. Hit the "J" key, paint over what you want to remove, boom, done. May have to repeat once or twice to smooth it out.

Wow, removing an outlet off of a wall? this is about as basic it gets. You pretend to be a photographer and don't have the correct software to the job. Download some free software off the net to help you with the 5 seconds it would take to remove it the outlet or learn to work around it. Clone tool, one of the most simple and basic procedures you should know.

I'm just going to interject here before things get too bad.
Sounds like the question got answered to the OP'S satisfaction, so unless there are any more actual suggestions, let's let this one simmer down so I don't have to clean threads or ban anyone.

Thankies

Most reactions

Back