Renée C. Byer photographs of a dying boy

Corbin Lane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.pulitzer.org/year/2007/feature-photography/works/

I'm not sure where this should go so I put it here. Basically, A photographer took pictures of a boy, Derek and his struggles through cancer.

Do be aware these pictures are sad and somewhat graphic.

These photos are simply amazing and remind you how easy you have it compared to him.

If it's in the wrong place, Move it.

I saw this series on anther forum. It really is sad, and the pictures show so much emotion it's somewhat overwhelming.

Ugh, I've lost family and friends to cancer. Its the worst thing I've ever seen.

This is one of the best projects I have seen recently.

Unlike the South American man who exhibited a stray dog chained up in a gallery and documented it, hoping for change, this was something that was already happening. It seems as though in recent years "reality" everything has encapsulated America. It seems as though Cyndie lacked the funds to make change, but had the heart. Lets hope that this collection brings more light to the people that cancer effects every day, and that many of them are hard-working Americans who can't afford the paycheck of a greedy medical company.

that made me cry!!

it's an amazing series of photographs, but seeing that and crying, makes me ache for her having to watch her son literally shrink away.

That is so real and raw it's... I don't even know the word for it... it's just incredible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back