Renn Fair Lady

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Erm, I can't say the name of the camera cuz the photo was taken by my friend (cuz the model is yours truly and taking pictures of yourself is not as easy as it looks...). I edited it in photoshop though. If you have critiques on things such as the composition I can tell my friend. But what I am looking for is how to make it look better in photoshop.
xtentions.jpg

©Tom VC-posted with permission
You really have no idea how much that bodice hurt...hehe...

Coming from an amateur, im still gonna throw my two cents on this one because I like it. Maybe up just a hair to catch the top of the hair, hair longer lense to blur the background a little more. Light on the shoulder is a little strong. Love the colors, this one just wouldnt work in B&W I think, im a sucker for nice bold colors anyway.

1. warmify (picasa option but you know what i mean, basically change colour temperature)
2. saturate (always looks good a bit more saturated)
3. i'm out of ideas
4. get rid of that tiny mole on her chin
5. crop a bit off the left.

quite annoying this numbers critique, is it?

I love Ren Fairs!!! Looks like a very personable lady, and seems really fun. I wish that her eyes were in focus. The focus seems to been on her mouth. Or maybe it's the light. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like something is not quite right. I love the way she's looking at you though.
You say you are looking for some answers via photoshop. Is it ok to play with it?

i agree with eydryan about the warming up the picture. If you have PS CS2 it has built in "photo filters" (dont know about earlier versions). You can access that by clicking on that half-white-half-black circle in you layers pallette and go to "photo filters" on from there you can choose warming filter and set the amount.

I think a bit of gaussian blur would suit this photo too (might also help hide the focus on her mouth). But dont apply it directly to that image. Duplicate the layer first and apply it (gaussian blur) to the bottom layer, then lower the opacity on your top layer 'til you like the look. That way you keep more detail. hope that makes sense

it needs more contrast and the colors look murky. one way you could fix that is duplicate the layer and on the duplicate change the blending mode to overlay. then set the fill to 30% or so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back