Rentals

shmne

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like to do my fair share of research before making a move, recently I have sketched out many shots I want to take and I'd like to start making a move on them.

I was wondering what camera / lens rental websites people were using, which ones were known for being reliable and what not. What should I watch out for? Any good tricks to know about possibly getting the equipment for a longer then paid for time?

I like to do my fair share of research before making a move, recently I have sketched out many shots I want to take and I'd like to start making a move on them.

I was wondering what camera / lens rental websites people were using, which ones were known for being reliable and what not. What should I watch out for? Any good tricks to know about possibly getting the equipment for a longer then paid for time?

Interesting how you ask what you should watch out for, presumably so you don't get ripped off, then in the next sentence you basically ask how to rip them off.

It isn't about ripping them off, many companies allow you to hold onto equipment over weekends from what I hear and I wanted to know if anyone knew about companies online that do this. Say I rent it for Thursday and Friday, they don't expect it shipped until Monday. If it is their policy, it isn't ripping them off.

I asked if there was anything to watch out for, not the companies ripping me off. There may be stipulations about renting equipment that I am not aware of. I also asked if they are really reliable or not.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Well check for scratches at the store. Bring your camera body and do the newspaper test. Get them to hold up a newspaper you've brought along with you and take a pic with the lens, if you see any inconsistencies don't rent it! If you don't have a camera body and your renting one as well as a lens then go to options in the camera body and tick off camera lock if no memory card to preview pic.

o.o that is the craziest thing I've ever heard, yet so awesome all at once lol. It makes complete sense thanks =]

Most reactions

Back