Renting lenses from Adorama

Last edited:
Not to bum you out, but if you are underage, you probably won't be able to sign the rental agreement, even if you had the credit card. (Enter supportive parents...)

Also, another suggestion - does your high school have a strong art department? Is it possible to sign out one of their cameras (and lenses) for the occasion? Maybe it could be a yearbook assignment?... Good luck, and remember this moment because someday you will be 40 years old and a successful photographer and will be able to laugh at this frustration.

Peace,

Roey.

rent the lens - insure the lens - break the lens - claim insurance for your lens

there you have enough money to get your lens :)

I've never used them for anything, so this isn't a recommendation -- but this company apparently does not require a deposit: LensRentals.com - FAQ
I'll check out some of the online rentals, maybe find ones someone used.
just a point but you might also try looking up local stores and seeing if they do rentals. If you get on well with your local photography shop you might have a chance their with a cheaper rental option - at least they know you won't do a runner (and if you do they know where you live ;))

the problem comes though if the worst does happen whilst your out with the lens - if it gets broken that is a lot of cars you have to wash to earn the money back!
There are two shops near me. one of them is one of those best buy types (but they only have one store) so maybe but I doubt it. The other one is a really small one so one day on my way back from school I'll take a walk there.
Not to bum you out, but if you are underage, you probably won't be able to sign the rental agreement, even if you had the credit card. (Enter supportive parents...)

Also, another suggestion - does your high school have a strong art department? Is it possible to sign out one of their cameras (and lenses) for the occasion? Maybe it could be a yearbook assignment?... Good luck, and remember this moment because someday you will be 40 years old and a successful photographer and will be able to laugh at this frustration.

Peace,

Roey.
And my school art department sucks. lol. My teacher is a photographer but unfortunately he shoots Nikon :/. I still have time since the concert I'm shooting is on April 16th. And when I'll be 40 i'll probably have all the L Lenses lol.

Borrowlenses.com

great people. great selection. great prices.

I'll check out some of the online rentals, maybe find ones someone used.

There are two shops near me. one of them is one of those best buy types (but they only have one store) so maybe but I doubt it. The other one is a really small one so one day on my way back from school I'll take a walk there.

And my school art department sucks. lol. My teacher is a photographer but unfortunately he shoots Nikon :/. I still have time since the concert I'm shooting is on April 16th. And when I'll be 40 i'll probably have all the L Lenses lol.

There is another option; we will not put a hold on a customer if they are able to supply us with a rental insurance form with the name Adorama rentals as lost payee. Other than that we have to put a hold on the card.

I hope this helps, but if not, or if you ever have another query or concern regarding an order from Adorama Camera - or AdoramaPix - please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adoramacamera.com

Last edited:
well maybe you can somehow help me and make me avoid the payment? :D lol

rent the lens - insure the lens - break the lens - claim insurance for your lens

there you have enough money to get your lens :)

And get thrown in jail for insurance fraud? No thank you...

Most reactions

Back