Rep...What Rep?

don't just blame jocose. i'd give people rep for the hell of it to see if their light changed...not for anything they did that was deserving....well, some. i can understand removing it if it wasn't going 'according to hoyle'. :lmao:

:) Thanks much Alison!!! That would have put me about ohhhhhhh -9990 or so :lmao: And a special howdy to woodsac, plastic, and of course you Chris (Littleman Chris) :) Just remember...noname, remains nameless even if the url says otherwise ;)

and a :hail: to Chase...and two to Jon :hail: :hail:

Chase said:
The reputation points started out as a good way of determining who are some of the most or least respected members and a nice way of rewarding those who you feel earned positive points, but I believe that has recently changed. For months, the maximum about of positive rep that people had earned maxed out at around 4 or 5 of the little green bars. Over the past month or two, people have exceeded that by 2 or 3 times. Unfortunately, in my view, the reputation system has become more of a popularity contest than a valid system for feedback.
The trouble I think we had is that some of us, me especially, were becoming prone to give rep to our friends when they posted something good. Sometimes, when they didn't post something good!

Therefore it's cliquey and that's bad. No matter how hard we all try, we're going to be more inclined to give + rep to friends.

FWIW, I've never given - rep, which I could see might really upset people, especially as the rep was anonymous to the end recipient.

We don't need rep anyway, although it was fun collecting the little green things. Maybe you could sell the little green blobs and then it really would represent how much you are a benefactor!! :lmao:

Rob
P.S. Welcome back.

Most reactions

Back