Repair questions

twgreen3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today when I went to get my camera out I found the my lens was broken off the camera (it was in a camera bag) . I am not really sure how this happened, I can only guess with 3 kinds running around. It appears that the 3 plastic tabs that hold the lens on the camera body are broken. It is a Nikon 28-80 G series lens. This piece seems like it would be cheap to replace but am not sure. I have checked the camera (D70) and there is no damage and it works fine.
This lens is only $100 dollars so will it even be worth getting fixed?
Does anyone know where in S.E. Michigan I should take it to get fixed?
Thanks for the help.

Just buy a new one. For a $100 lens, it isn't worth it.

Yeah, pick your self up a new lens and keep the camera up away from the little'ens.

If the elements are good you might be able to sell broken one to a repair place for parts for twenty/thirty bucks to diffuse the cost a little

Yeah, pick your self up a new lens and keep the camera up away from the little'ens.

If the elements are good you might be able to sell broken one to a repair place for parts for twenty/thirty bucks to diffuse the cost a little

Seconded. My friend sold his broken wide angle for around 60% of what he paid for it. But for a cheap lens like that, maybe like $10-20

Seconded. My friend sold his broken wide angle for around 60% of what he paid for it. But for a cheap lens like that, maybe like $10-20

Yeah, some people underestimate the value of the individual glass elements once a lens is broken and just ditch it. But a nastily chipped lens is a relitivly quick and easy repair...provided one has the glass on hand.

If the glass in exelent condition that 60% is not totally out of the question even for a cheap lens, though I generally anticipate around 30% or there abouts.

Yeah, some people underestimate the value of the individual glass elements once a lens is broken and just ditch it. But a nastily chipped lens is a relitivly quick and easy repair...provided one has the glass on hand.

If the glass in exelent condition that 60% is not totally out of the question even for a cheap lens, though I generally anticipate around 30% or there abouts.

I remember the lens was in mint condition, however something got messup with the pins and such, and it was going to cost some $400 to fix it. INSANE. So he sold it, and bought the updated one.

Yeah I would just get another one and, try to sell the other as a parts lens. As has been said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back