replacing a background in cs5

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've never really had the need to replace a background before. But, I'm trying out some new stuff. I've tried to make my selections 2 ways. using the quick selection tool and the refine edge. and using the channels path, applying the image, and using levels. Either way I try it, i'm getting a white halo around my image. I've tried feathering using the brush around the selection (in refine edge) and adjusting sliders every way I can think of to no avail. Still have that white halo around my image. Am I missing something here? The image is on a white background now. Its getting frustrating.

Can I ask what you did to "figure it out"...I use the quick select and refine edge method. Sometimes it's great, but others it's appalling. I think I may be missing something...

You can also download or install from the DVD the "Extract" filter that came in previous versions of Photoshop...

After using the refine edge to get it the best I could, I contracted the selection to make the rest of the halo go away

Most reactions

New Topics

Back