Replacing Kit 18-55 lens

Kolia

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm tired of the relatively slow kit lens. It's not a very good companion to the Alpha's high iso noise when shooting indoors.

I'm not sure of what specific lens to get tho. Right now, I'm considering the Sigma 17-50mm or the Sigma 24-70mm, both f2.8

I like the idea of 70mm reach for a general use but I might miss the 17mm indoors. On the other hand, 17mm isn't exactly wide angle so I'll probably be looking for a shorter focal down the road anyways.

Any thoughts on those ?

I'm open to other options, considering the lenses I have (see sig).

I used the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 for several years and it was a great lens.

I now have a Tamron 28-80mm F2.8 (I upgraded to a full frame camera)...I'm not nearly as impressed with this lens.

I'm more interested in your thoughts of the focal length ranges. Since one is shifted toward the telephoto range.

I'm tired of the relatively slow kit lens. It's not a very good companion to the Alpha's high iso noise when shooting indoors.

I'm not sure of what specific lens to get tho. Right now, I'm considering the Sigma 17-50mm or the Sigma 24-70mm, both f2.8

I like the idea of 70mm reach for a general use but I might miss the 17mm indoors. On the other hand, 17mm isn't exactly wide angle so I'll probably be looking for a shorter focal down the road anyways.

Any thoughts on those ?

I'm open to other options, considering the lenses I have (see sig).
So get the Sigma 17-70. I have one with a Nikon mount and love it.

Most reactions

Back