Reportage

emmelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Have just starting shooting reportage portrait photography does anyone have ay comments on my latest 'creations'.

theparent.jpg

The Thinker

shockandawe.jpg

Would You Believe It?!

Inquisitive.jpg

Butter Wouldn't Melt

#1 Neat capture, nice dof which draws attn to her but not too blury as to take away from his presence in the frame. I don't like the title of "watchful parent" as it directs my eye to him rather than her where imho the focus should lie. She is really cute and the expression is a good candid catch. Even if u wanted to draw attn to the parent, I don't think that he is being watchful as I understand that or think of when I hear/read that phrase. I imagine a parent who is watching his daughter to keep her from falling or getting into mischief etc, not the pleasant look he seems to have in this shot.

#2 is my fav. great catch. looks a little red in my monitor, but it's not calibrated.

#3 is ok, but seems flat.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Emmelle!
As I can see, this is your very first post! You start out in a good manner, i.e. by showing us your work, which I like! Thank you for this. You might eventually like to also go "down" to the Welcome and Introduction Forum and tell us some more about yourself? Where you are from and all this?

As to your portrait photography, I better let the "pro's" on here give you advice, I am just an enthusiastic amateur with a great love for photography and very little knowledge...

What I can say, however, is that the second photo is my favourite of your little collection by far :D. Although I also like the big round baby eyes in the last! With that expression, even STONES would MELT indeed, I think! ;)

Thanks both have sorted out the title issues with #1, I agree.

Will get to the welcome bit ASAP...

Most reactions

Back