Reporting for Duty

USAF-SSgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone.

I am just beginning my adventure into the world of photography. I am married with 4 daughters, ages 15, 13, 10 & 2. There are pleanty of pictures in everyday life right there. I have been to many, many places and wish I had a decent documentation of what I have seen and done, including flying supplies down to the scientist down on the Pegasus Ice Runway, Antarctica (news article below) to a combat footage from different opertions (would probably require DoD approval to display anyway) to a zipline adventure in S. Africa near Zimbabwe. 62 countries & 6 continents..... Many missed oppurtunites for some really awesome pictures. I look forward to learning this craft and teaching my wife as she is amazing with photo editing. Maybe we can even turn a buck or two.

I am always weclome to advise/suggestions and will probably always be seeking it. One never stops learning. Please feel free to say high and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

A maintainer looks as National Science Foundation Members get off a C-17 Globemaster III during the Operation Deep Freeze winter fly-in around the Pegasus Runway Aug. 20 in Antarctica. A C-17 and 31 Airmen from McChord Air Force Base, Wash., began the annual winter fly-in augmentation of scientists, support personnel, food and equipment for the U.S. Antarctic Program at McMurdo Station. WinFly is the opening of the first flights to McMurdo Station, which closed for the austral winter in February. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Shane A. Cuomo)

Welcome aboard.

First lesson...reduce the size of your images before uploading for viewing on the internet. Most people prefer them to be no more than 800 pixels wide. :)

With an image editing software.

For example, when you upload your images from your camera, you can then open them in a program like Photoshop. Just about any image program will have an option for resizing the images. Your camera will have come with software that you can use.

A typical procedure would be to upload your images, then open them and make some tweaks/edits, then save a copy of that image (you don't want to overwrite the originals). Then reduce the size and save another copy (for web)...you can also reduce the quality (increase the compression) at this time, to reduce the file size. Then upload your 'for web' copies.

Welcome!
Nice shot there, seems like quite a place to land that C-17. Last time I did that was in flight simulator :lol:

You AF guys definitely get to see the world thats for sure. Not so much for us Army folk we get stuck at crappy places like Bagram AB.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back