Reposted from Landscape

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's always the ones I like the best that get the least reaction :D

Anyway, I posted this in LS yesterday, but get the feeling it sucks or my shirt smells funny.

Questions are, how is this bad? Blown color? Light? Composition? Subject? Distractions?

and assuming I may never shoot anything in direct daylight again; How can I keep from making the same mistake(s) repeatedly?

600-0013.jpg

All criticisms/evaluations appreciated!

it looks b&w on anything below the sky. sky is very pretty. i'd probably have tried to shoot 2 pics one exposed for the sky and one for the ground and combined them.

my issue is the lack of color on the ground really spoils the very pretty sky and the very harsh black line that seperates them on the ridge of the rocks.

To me this photo feels like you lassoed the part below and selectively pushed the highlight levels for that part. Sky luminosity and colour does not go too well with the lightness of the ground - the way the sky is coloured and its brightness (or not yet brightness, since the sun has not even full risen) suggest that actually the ground would have needed to show almost all black in a normal one-exposure photo. Which is why I asked you in LN if this is an HDR? Which you say it is not. That makes me believe you selectively pushed the level-levers and highlighted the ground ... and it somehow no longer goes together. (Just my thoughts).

hm....try to play with shadows/highlights in P-Shop.....but anyway this pct too loudly ( upper border looks unreal dark-it's imposible because of lights of sky......IMHO as usual))

Most reactions

Back