representations of the body

nic_ola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hmm... is the name of a project i have been given! im stumped for ideas! i want something beautiful, but not obvious! can neone think?!! :?

and as u can tell ... i am new!! the name of the project is .. representations of the body! :oops:

heres what i see...

black and white/high contrast shots of body parts that are imperfect or not what the media portrays...like pot bellies, tattoos, scars...things like that. but thats just me.

welcome to the forums!

md

yeh! ... i was thinking high contrast black and white would be lush.

in my opinion, black and white forces the viewer to see more shapes and composition than bright color and other things that might take away from the "idea" behind the shot.

md

There is a wonderful book called 'The Body' by William A Ewing (Pub. Thames & Hudson ISBN 0-500-27781-8 ).
It deals with the photographic representation of the human body through the whole history of Photography. It also covers the complete spectrum from Medical & Scientific through to Erotic and Art.
Get hold of a copy. If it doesn't give you at least a dozen ideas on how to approach your project then sell your camera and get a job at McDonalds ;-)

nic_ola said:
and as u can tell ... i am new!! the name of the project is .. representations of the body! :oops:
How about a picture of a couple of grapefruit? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back