Reptile Pictures

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by FemFugler, Mar 9, 2010.

1. FemFugler

FemFugler TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My friend's Blue Tongued Skink(yes skink lol...not the derogatory term which sounds similar haha)....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. LBPhotog

LBPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There's only ONE PERSON I KNOW with an avatar like that, and she's from Canada ... fricken A I can't get away from you ... *lol* :lmao:

BTW, 3rd picture is the best, get down a little lower to his eye level ...

3. nala

nala TPF Noob!

I love your focusing - you did a great job getting the face of the lizard in focus. The 3rd one is my favorite.

____

The Snappy Mama

4. FemFugler

FemFugler TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks.

5. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Neat lizard!
    Shot 1 - interesting idea, but I wish there was a bit more of the far left side so that we can see that reflection more clearly. At the moment its more of a distration than a part of the overall shot (esp as th eye of the lizard is looking at the viewer and not toward the reflection.

Shot 2 - I don't really like this one; I guess its because the angle and action on the shot make the skink look overly large for its small legs (is not a skink owner so fully accepts that its probably perfectly normal skink proportions) but also he has a rising lump (his shoulder?) on the other side of his body that just look odd. Probabaly me just being overly fussy.

Shot 3 - This one confused me for a while at first because you appear to have a good depth of field going from around his nose to quite far back, so his eye should have clearly been in focus - and yet compared to the scales around it appears soft. Looking at the angle of the eye I am guessing that he might have moved his gaze by a tiny amount whilst holding mostly still otherwise and thus motion blur softened the eye a tiny bit. A contrast/sharpening boost to that area might well help to counter this.

6. FemFugler

FemFugler TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

yea..... i was going to edit out the reflection but decided just to keep it in for now and see what you guys thought. Also, the i agree the reflection would have been cool if the whole thing was there, but the angle and tank size and so on.... it just wasn't there. I guess if i went to the other side of the tank and shot the picture from the other side i may have gotten the full thing in but that would have required moving the whole tank setup and so on and i don't think my friend would have appreciated that just for a picture lol. To be honest i didn't expect the first one t turn out as good as it did considering the fact the lens was pressed up against the glass and stuff and it was more of a 'snapshot' than a 'serious shot'.... i just like the water on the lizard's face and just how it turned out which is why i posted it.

Haha, yea..... it is the skink's body. They remind me of a snake with added random tiny legs. The proportions of the body DO look off and make them look obese.. haha However (so i'm told) that's just their body type/build. Also yes, that the shoulder on the other side....

Here's another picture that gives you a better idea of the body.... not that it's really important but....yaa
    Obviously this picture isn't anything to write home about i just added it for the sole purpose of giving you the idea of the body shape...ha
    [​IMG]

Also about the second picture, i don't like the fact that my knee/leg is in the picture. I don't know when do others agree that it's a bit distracting or is it just me? If he was perhaps climbing over something different like a rock or a book or something or a different part of my leg... or if i shot it so my knee wasn't the first thing that you saw it may have been better.... I don't know maybe it's just me being self conscious lol I just liked the angle and position of the lizard climbing over something....

Thanks for the input. The background looked a bit off to me but overall i liked it. I lighted this one a little bit in Lightroom which may or may not have been the cause of the supposed blurry eye. I will definitely try sharpening the eye are a bit. Oh and yea the eye is a bit weird but i kind of liked it haha

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010