Reputable websites

spence07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I read so much about websites scamming people and not sending what they order. I am getting ready to order my new camera and would like to know of some reputable websites that you've ordered from that also have competitive prices.
I'll be ordering the Canon Rebel 8.0 megapixel body only.

There are links on this page to B&H & Adorama. Both of which are very reputable retailers and have fair prices.

There are links on this page to B&H & Adorama. Both of which are very reputable retailers and have fair prices.

I recommend those two stores as well. B&H has the lowest prices I've ever seen on anything I've ever needed to get. Also, if you go to www.resellerratings.com you can look up internet stores and their reviews, so if anytime you're not sure you can check this website.

I've ordered twice from B&H, both were flawless transactions.

Stay away from the "Too Good To Be True" deals.

Adorama seem to have more variety.

But I prefer B&H - I've ordered lens, filters, bags, case, etc from them, and not one hiccup. Items arrive as promised and on time.

While I do like Amazon.com for books they carry, I do not recommend using Amazon if they are not the shipper. Majority of Amazon's photo equipment goes through another party (Adorama, B&H, Calumet, 42nd, etc ...). If there are problems, or if you just want tracking, Amazon will tell you to deal with this other party first - I think you have to wait a certain number of days (14?) for problem resolution before Amazon steps in. You may as well go direct with this other party because price on their website will be same - you just remove Amazon from equation.

Most reactions

Back