[REQ] Portland, OR USA

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for some locations to get some skyline pictures of Portland.

I would like to get some daytime shots from up around Washington park or somewhere else up on skyline. Perhaps council crest?

Also I want to take some nightime shots and am thinking perhaps from the eastside waterfront.

Has any of our Portland members found some good locations for skyline photos?

Thanks for your time :)

Have you ever seen the book "Photographing Oregon with professional results" by Bryan F. Peterson? I found it at the library and it has some good locations in it but nothing about Portland specifically. I did find a nice old church out by North Plains with this book though. :)

I would like to find more books like this.. if there is such a thing. This book has "over 150 key locations" and it seems you could find 150 in Portland alone if you know where to look.. hehe.

Potland is a very photographic city. Really the only thing to do is explore it yourself. The East side waterfront is where almost everyone chooses to shoot. The pedestrian bridge accross the river might be interesting, i have been meaning to try it myself, but haven't found the time. In the Pearl district there is some interesting old buildings and stuff if your into that. My photo teacher prefers natual landscapes so i have been trying to please him mainly, so i haven't been able to shoot Portland the wy i want to yet.

Potland is a very photographic city. Really the only thing to do is explore it yourself. The East side waterfront is where almost everyone chooses to shoot. The pedestrian bridge accross the river might be interesting, i have been meaning to try it myself, but haven't found the time. In the Pearl district there is some interesting old buildings and stuff if your into that. My photo teacher prefers natual landscapes so i have been trying to please him mainly, so i haven't been able to shoot Portland the wy i want to yet.

Anyone know how the Rose Garden is looking? I am seeing some roses blooming in the neighborhood but dont want to make teh trip up there justr to find out I need to give it another couple of weeks hehe.

Most reactions

Back