[req] Portraiture

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by ZacKrohn, Jun 21, 2004.

1. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

I'm interested in doing some portraits and/or modeling. However I'm not too interested in for example hiring a professional model. How is the best way to go about asking people to take pictures or whatever? Also any other tips in portraiture would be much appreciated.

-Zac

2. Jaffapie

Jaffapie TPF Noob!

When I have taken portraits, I usually just ask some friends. It's great for practice.

Although, I am fortunate to have some seriously drop-dead gorgeous friends....for example:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaffapie/45416.html#cutid1
    These guys were all just my friends (and one was myself). It worked out nicely in the end.

Most people would LOVE to have their picture taken *properly*, so they'll most likely say yes. And the best thing - it's free!

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    You could ask aspiring models to pose for you on a TFP basis. Time For Prints. You shoot, they pose, and you both get prints that can add to your portfolios.

4. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

jaffa, W-O-W
    i somehow knew u were an lj-er. lj is a kind of wierd setting to exhibit those.
    but W-O-W

5. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

Yeah wow those are realy amazing...I need to find more female friends since I can only think of one person who might be interested....hmm thanks for the advice though. :lol: