Requesting critiques of your photos

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks to The Traveler for starting the ball rolling on this!

Guidlines for the use of this thread:

1) This thread is for the posting of links to your works that you wish to be critiqued by other forum members only.

2) This thread is not for the posting of photos in, these should be posted in their own thread in the appropriate section for their content

3) Each person in this thread gets only one post - you may edit that post with new links and take down any links for photos as an when you wish. Though there is no requirement for you to remove previous links

3b) In respect to the fact that there will be links to older works in this thread we ask that members please check the last date at which a post has been commented on before replying - no resurrecting old threads please, if you wish to comment on an older photo please pm the owner of the photo.

4) As with all cases of critique we ask that members remain respectful to each other when making comments and critiques of others works.

5) This thread is not intended as a list of all your posts on this site and is only for works that you want to recive critiques on; however there is no limit on the number of links you may post.

6) Could those posting for requests also please bare in mind that this works better when you post on a few select shots - maybe one or something like 5 or less of a "set" of shots with a similar theme. That makes it much quicker to open the page and also makes it easier for people to comment and critique on

In addition members may choose post a direct link to their post in this thread in their signatures if they wish.

note - if any have any problems/comments to make on the running of this thread please do say so, but lets keep the comments specific so we don't end up with a general chit-chat thread.
Request away! :)

edit - request to posters -- it makes it much easier to comment on your shots if you take the time to post what camera and kit you used; the basic settings (ISO, shutter speed and apature) and also what the conditions of the shoot were.
I know that exif can store much of that data, but its much easier if you post that in the post itself and also makes it easier for others to help and give advice

A cogent synopsis of the possible Critique thread.

A couple of suggestions:

1)put only ONE link in each post.
That will allow any viewer to see if they have responded and perhaps critiqued that link.

2) Put the title of the picture, if any, in the posting.

3) Give the posting to which you are linking a substantive title. Rather than something like 'Critique me, please.', try something like "Boy on the porch." That will allow the viewer to better recall the thread.

I always want critiques on all of my work, no matter where or when it is posted in this forum.

I would really appreciate more input on this particular photo, however-

Clearing Storm

Okay, take two.... Perhaps this will work now. I would like the cold hard truth...keep in mind that I have rhino skin and take nothing personal. Here's the photo. My concern are the halos of the treeline near the bottom and the color primarily. Anything else is welcomed.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123221

Oh, BTW, I don't take it personal unless you do....... :lol:

Greetings,

This was a spur of the moment attempt to capture light that was soon to be gone.

The images weren't going to win any awards but seeing the light/shadows and jumping up to try to capture it, well, it was a step away from my comfort zone and it was exhilarating :wink:

No time to move furniture or fiddle with settings, all auto. After all, the camera is just about smarter than me, go OLY.... (big grin)

140 views, 0 replies.... But I didn't ask for C&C, till now.

Over the next few days after my original post I worked out the essence of what I was trying to capture.

So please consider the first series of three the learning experience that led to the second image.

Olympus E-510 and 14-42 mm

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121444

Can you tell I'm the type of person that appreciates the background story almost as much as the image?

Cheers, Don

I am totally confused... aren't there whole sections of this forum for posting your pictures and asking for critique?

While taking this shot I took a while in trying to get the write angle and composition. Being this is a shot a took my time with, I would truly appreciate critique. Honesty is what I'm looking for, I've begun trying to only post photos which I feel deserve to be upon the forum and I want a brutal opinion on anything I post so that I may improve.

Sony 18-70mm (kit lens)

Neon Inn

I've been focusing upon composition lately, but if I need to focus upon anything else please do tell and I'll hit the books.

Most reactions

Back