Requesting help with Beseler 67S series enlarger

snark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just a poor dumb country boy who has been playing around in a darkroom off and on for fifty years. Never had any formal photography training, learned everything by trial and error and a few trips to the library back in the days before internet. Recently I have been able to afford everything I always wanted but could never afford, courtesy of Craig's List, the latest acquisition being a Beseler Dichro 67S enlarger. I thought I would use the color head in lieu of polycontrast filters, but now that I start googling around for filter equivalents I find that it's not as simple as I thought. The Kodak, Ilford and Arista recommendations in their data sheets are widely divergent, and I know I have some calibration work to do before I get started...unless someone who has already done this can help me out with Beseler Dichro filter settings for Ilford and Arista VC papers (which are the ones I use most).

This all begs the question, if there is such a difference between color filter settings for different papers, is there also a difference between Kodak and Ilford polycontrast filters? I have a variety of papers from different manufacturers and I've been using Ilford polycontrast filters for all of them, and yes, sometimes with inexplicable results.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back