Research help needed....please!!

zenn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here (I've posted in introductions forum!!) I am doing photography at art college, and am getting close to exams :? The question I am doing is about tools and equipment of different trades, we have to take photos of our subjects and then research other photographers who have used similar subjects. I have got some examples, but need more!! So was wondering if any of you kind peeps know of any??

The areas I am covering so far are: farrier, carpenter, mechanic, farmer, horse drawn weddings/funerals and gardener, so am taking photos of tools/equipment assosiated with them. (I am really struggling with horse harness and vehicles)

I have got so far: Albert Renger-Patzsch, Tina Modotti, Paul Outerbridge and Margaret Bourke-White.

I also need to relate to artists of other media too :roll:

I hope someone can help me, sorry if wrong forum!

Thank You!!!!!!!! :D

I'd try the library, and look up pre and early 20th century photography. The photographers won't be as well known as the one's you've mentioned, but that's the time period when those things were around to be photographed. I think it would be easier to find books full of vintage photography, than to find it on the web, although I'm sure there are some good examples out there.

Thanks for the replies, motcon, I've done the google searches, I've tried all different titles I can think of!!

I think the library will have to be the next stop!! Thanxs ksmattfish :D

Most reactions

Back