shuttercraft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mwilbourn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
l_1e3795f4e5f23cb13056f01704493d56.jpg

This is a shot I did for the lead singer of a local band. She wanted it to look like it was shot on old film, she wanted lots of grain in the shot.

Last edited:
In general I think you have captured what she is looking for. However, you have added lots of noise via too much contrast editing and not enough grain. There is a difference and I think you might be missing it on this one. Add more grain, get rid of the noise.

-Nick

I like the gritty look and the composition, but she looks like she's 12.

I recommend cloning the calvin klein logos out, if she uses it on a album jacket or anything there could be some future issues.
Over all I think its a good idea, execution is a little harsh but a good start. A few things to make it better...
I see more banding and digital noise than grain, and I get a Avril knock off about this whole photo. Also, crop it closer or farther her hand is cut off at the wrist and it is very distracting. The last major issue I have is her left eye is too dark and looks bruised, try more fill.

Is she meant to be advertising CK underwear? I would suggest photoshoping the logos out.

Edit: Nein-reis has already said that >.<

haha well I did def think it was a CK ad...so that's a plus though!

Most reactions

Back