Resizing for printing and making available

Norm40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently took about 800 pictures of my child and the other players on his team, during a week long national sports tournament. I told the parents I would make the photos available to them when we got home. Now the challege of how to go about this. The pictures were taken with a Canon 5D and each has a RAW and JPEG version. The dimension is 2112 X 3168. The RAWs are about 13M and JPEG between 1-2.5M. I need to be able to allow the parents to be able to view all the pictures easily, select one they like and be able to print at 8X10. I have photoshop and also have a web site where I could put them.
The problems:
- I want to put them on the web so I can direct the parents to go to a url and view them
- I don't want people to have to select every single picture, just see them all (there's 800). I found slideshow software which you can put on your site, so this may be the answer to that issue
- I want people to be able to download the picture they want and just print it, not have to manipulate it in photo editing software to get at right size /resolution e.g. keep things as easy as possible
- I want to use the RAW version and convert to an 8x10 size with a printable resolution. I know I use image size option in Photoshop, but which options e.g. resample?,etc. I also know that I could use the batch option to automate the process.
- if I create the picture as a 8x10, will it be too big for a slideshow..do I have to create a smaller one too?
Looking for the best solution to make things easiest for everyone.Thanks

I know if you have a Pro Flickr account, many of the things you want your site to do can be done. As for Photoshop, you want all three things checked off at the bottom. Then all you have to do is type in 8 for width and it will convert the pictures proportionally. You are also going to want your resolution at about 300.

Hi

I can suggest this software : http://www.photoonweb.com
They support natively the Canon RAW files and you don't have any limit in the number of pictures. It will convert all the RAW into a JPEG version and you can set the output resolution.
Be careful, there is an option to turn on to put the name of the original file as a comment, so the parents will be able to tell you which files they prefer . take a look at it, and suggest ideas to the authors if needed to complete your project

Hi! Did you ever figure this out? I noticed your questions weren't answered and I had the exact same questions! Can you offer any advice? Thanks hope your having luck! Angie Harmon

Well, back in 2007, when the thread was started the current version of Lightroom wasn't available.

The OP never posted again after 9/3/2007, and from looking at the OP's profile:

Last Activity: 04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I doubt kamjharmon will get a response.

Most reactions

Back