Resizing picture in PS Elements 7 HELP!

Dirty Murd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heres the deal. I have a photograph that I am wanting to print 14x11. I have the picture in PSE7 and its currently 59.333 x 39.556 inches at 72ppi. (its so big because my camera takes pictures in super high quality) Anyways since im printing the picture at 14x11 i need to resize in PS to 14x11 and then im changing it to 300ppi

But when i change the width to 14 it automatically resizes the proportion for height to 9.33

When i take Constrain Proportions off and resize to 14x11 it does not look good...Am i doing something wrong? Because i know that 14x11 should be a proportional crop because thats a normal print size...anyone help?

I dont use element, but there should be a way to crop your picture at certain ratio. Do that first. But once you have the ratio, you really dont need to resize it I dont think. Our frame ratio is 1x1.5. So if you want 14x11 then you should size the height to 11 first then your width should be 16.5. Then you just need to crop 2.5 inches total of the width.

Use the crop tool if you have it, set the parameters to 14 x 11 @300ppi, if you don't have the crop tool then change the resolution to 300, set rulers to inches and use the marquee tool to highlight the 14x11 inches you wish to crop, hit the dropdown box of "image", look for the crop command and do it that way. I've not used elements anything but these tools should be there. H

But why do you need to resize it? You dont resize your photos to 4x6 when you go print it at a local store?

Keep it simple, keep it sweet.

Most reactions

Back