Resizing pictures with larger pixel...Need help!!!

GreenNV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pic7.piczo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I don't understand the problem here at all. I have a 10mp camera and have it set to 3872 X 2592. The problem is that sometimes when I'm resizing to 800 X 600, a picture looks horrible...it will have that rippling look at the edges. Why does it does this and is there a way to prevent this from happening? I use Irfanview to resize my pics. Should I adjust my pixel size in my camera so it's not so big since that's what I usually do, resize them to 800 X 600. Thanks for your help. :) I've posted two pics below to show you what I mean...the original and the resized version. :)

Before

http://download.yousendit.com/D244DB425A9D7AC8

After

I don't know anything about the software you are using but I can tell you the image is oversharpened pretty severly. Try doing it again with less sharpening.

Hi fmw,

Thanks for your reply. So I did undo the sharpening with my picture, as you suggested, and resaved it but still no difference. I use Irfanview to resize and Corel PSP 10 for other adjustments. :)

Does this look any better?

worldslargestfiddle.jpg

Hi Zion,

Yes, I think we both got it to look the same. Here's what I did, with Irfanview I changed the DPI from 72 to 300 and changed the size method from 'resize (faster)' to 'resample (better quality)'. How about you? ;)

Looks like the program you are using is compressing too much and/or sharpening too much!

Most reactions

Back