resizing pictures

keystervr6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so when i take pics with my p&s at 6mp, the pics come out huge on my computer screen....oh, and i have NO software, mainly because I've just gotten into taking more than just snap shots...anyways, i use microsofts picture editor to resize them to a smaller viewing size.

is this killing any quality?

also, i host my pics at photobucket, i've heard some complaints about that site compressing and causing issues...

what do you guys do to get your pics down to sizes seen on the interwebs?

I use a program if got kind of illegitmatly, so im not gonna give you much info. I choose a file of pics and it makes an identical folder with all resized pics. Another thing you can do is download the "power toy" from microsoft that does something similar. Or you can just do it in photoshop. Of course you will lose quality since its making it smaller. But this isnt bad, you normally dont want hi res shots on the web so they cant be used by other people for serious things like advertising

That depends on what app you use. In Photoshop you go to Image –> Image size... and you fill in the dimensions and values of your choice, then hit Enter. That's it. Many apps have a similar, but slightly different set up. Variations on a theme.

That depends on what app you use. In Photoshop you go to Image –> Image size... and you fill in the dimensions and values of your choice, then hit Enter. That's it. Many apps have a similar, but slightly different set up. Variations on a theme.

the microsoft app i use has the same setup, i don't wanna pony up for photoshop just yet...

i was just wondering what everyone else does to put their pics in smaller formats

You may also want try this

Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
http://www.gimp.org/

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back