respect for elders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hertz van Rental said:
PM me and I will provide you with a list of all the horrid things your Country has done to make the world a worse place to live in.

WTF is this if not a political stab....LOL, and don't refer to me as a twat again! you have been warned, sir <--- a little american 'surface respecting' :mrgreen:

I think that if more people learned to treat those who do not deserve respect... with sincere respect, the world would be a much better place. Trust me, it's not easy to do, but I try.. sometimes I fail., but I do my best.

Respect is everything, no matter how you address someone, if your intentions are respectful, they will know, and appreciate your good will.

That there is my problem. How is that a foundation of how to treat someone respectfully? I don't understand. I think they're inconsequential words that don't show a lack of respect or do they show respect except because a culture has decided so. It's a cultural thing, it just doesn't chime right with me.

We have taught our 3-year old to say "Please" and "Thank you". I doubt she fully understands the complex reasoning behind such statements, but she will someday. In the meantime, she is learning good manners and respect. I don't see how/why that is so unsettling.

If it makes you feel any better I disrespect all of you equally.

Well, I respect you all enough to treat you equally?

I'm gonna go ahead and close this discussion. Keep in mind that the minute things turn political, you've effectively set a time limit as to how long a thread is going to last.

This one's done. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back