Respecting People's Choices

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by runnah, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Vic Vinegar

Vic Vinegar TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    then I'd like to get you behind the wheel of a brand new DSLR if you can take these with a... dare I say, phone camera... You must be amazing with some real, fine, Japanese engineering. :p

2. chuasam

chuasam Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also have a Nikon D810.
    Unless I'm being paid or I'm doing portfolio stuff or large prints - iPhone all the way

3. kathyt

kathyt Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Did Runnah really start this thread? Really?

4. desertrattm2r12

desertrattm2r12 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

The notion out there with a lot of people is that "I have a (you name it) brand camera and it is far and away the best camera in the world because ---- well, because I own one and I am the master of the universe and a lot smarter than you."
    This notion gets real old real fast. Cameras are tools. Do you ask a car mechanic which brand of monkey wrench he would use on your car before you hire him?
    And then there is the "cool" factor. "Oh, your camera is so glamorous." Reply: "oh, I haven't put film in it for 27 years." Reply back, "oh, don't bother, just pose with it draped down in front of your tuxedo."
    If they want a Canon Rebel, tell them to go for it unless you have a Canon model at the same price range you think might be more suitable. Don't try to get them into a Leica M. That person might just beat your butt with his/her Rebel and an eye and a brain.

• Like Like x 1