resting

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hoping that I could get some feedback on this shot. I don't take many people pictures, but I thought that this one was kind of interesting. I saw them laying on the pier in Virginia, and they were there for a very long time, just laying there like this.

Anyway, I was just for comments on how to improve my people shots.

Thanks for looking:

20051022184808_img_2986.jpg

I moved this down here so you could get a more general critique.

As for the picture I think you centered the picture a little to much for my liking. If it was me I would crop the picture to a little below the ladies head so their isn't that much dock showing. Also I'd bump up the contrast a little too give it a little more zing. Good eye all together though.

(you can add that to your grammer blog...it was pretty darn hard for me to type it like that ;))

Thanks, Hobbes. I'll try the crop when I get home. Do you think that the B/W worked or should it stay in color (I guess since you don't have the color to compare it's kind of hard to tell).

Sorry, dude, only bad signs make it to the GrammarBlog ;) ... incidentally, I tried to start a thread in the theme forum of great signs, but alas, no one has added to it :(

As to this people photo ... apparently this was a candid shot, so with those you can only go so and so far, but not any further, else it would lose its quality. You did really well with this one and once you cropped it, it will be great.

As to the Big Signs in the Themes: I have seen your new Theme thread and like the idea, and don't fret because up to now no one has posted any new signs in there, you don't come by those every day, I'd say. It requires some collecting first. The photo posts in the Themes live kind of a different life from those in the Galleries. Easy themes grow fast (Flowers), more difficult or specific ones take their time in growing. The Themes are valid for all times, so your new thread may grow eventually, too.

(And I guess most people ONLY go to the Galleries, but do not venture into the Themes at all).

Abstract said:
I wouldn't mind being that girl :)

I'd rather be the guy. When I walked past them later, the girl had rolled over, and I discovered that she has quite a nice...pair of jeans, yea, that's it. :drool:

OK, heres my attempt too use Hobbe's suggestions of cropping to the ladies head and zinging it's contrast. I hope there pose looks better now then it did before. (Hobbes, your right, its very hard, two write, this way :lmao: )

IMG_2986-update.jpg

It's partly because of the crop forcing the intimacy and part because of the scene. The first version wasn't as "appealing" because of the composition where it was still a very relaxing picture. That's probably part of what made you want to push the shutter button. With the composition not being as good in the first, though, it keeps you away from the main subject so, as a viewer, you find yourself searching through the picture for more of a center of focus. The cropped version brings the subject to the front so the viewer can feel the emotion without having to look for it.

That's the way I see it but I have been known to be on the crazy side. :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back