Restoration Attempt Anyone?

Discussion in 'Photoshop Challenges' started by darqlabs, Feb 23, 2008.

1. darqlabs

darqlabs TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My fiancee just came across a picture of her grandparents taken in 1958. It's the only picture she has of her grandparents when they were young, but apparently this pic has seen better days. I'm making an attempt to restore it, but i'm still a novice on photoshop. I'm just wondering if anyone would like to take a crack at[​IMG]

Thanks!!!

2. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What a sweet photo - too bad it's in such disrepair. Honestly, that is going to take quite some time, particularly since the facial features are so damaged. It will be easy to fix the tones by just converting it to B&W and the clothing and background can be repaired fairly easily and the photo sharpened and contrast added, but the faces....maybe there's someone that can help you out on that.

The only thing I can think for her eye is to copy the good eye and flip it over and paste it on the damaged portion...it could only be an improvement, I suppose.

Good luck - maybe there's someone out there looking to hone their PS skills with nothing better to do tonight.

3. darqlabs

darqlabs TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Great idea... i copied the good eye flipped and rotated it and moved her pupil and it didn't look too bad after i attempted to blend it... sitll a work in progress, but it seems to be taking shape.[​IMG]

4. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, you've already done a really good job! That is a heck of a lot of damage to repair. Be sure to post the final result.

5. CanadianMe

CanadianMe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice work, it is a very time consuming effort if you want it done right but very well worth the effort.