Restoring old picture

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is one of the VERY few baby-pictures of my wife. It's really precious
to me, but unfortunately it's very old.

It has gotten scratches, while it lost sharpness and colour.
Fixing it is a real challenge (at least to me it would be). I wonder if you
can do something to it to make it look better. If you can, the best suggestion might even get printed and framed. :thumbup:

Here it is:
Photobucket rezised it, so if you need a larger version just raise your hand. Send
me a PM and I'll send you one via e-mail.
Dear.jpg

(Wasn't she a doll? :blushing: :heart: )
BEST of luck, everyone! I keep my fingers crossed, hoping that you
have the skill required to save the picture.

Well, this is quite the challenge... to make it a little easier I converted it to black and white and just started to fix the face a bit... I don't know if this looks much better, but I threw together a quick before and after picture.

This already looks better, verbal. I especially like how the hair turned out. How did you manage to get rid of the grain? I also like what you did to the eyes, only the white of the right eye seems a tad too strong. But it's an improvement already!

It really is quite a challenge, isn't it? So, anyone else to try treir luck and prove their skill?

well here is my try ! i did it in black and white too.. see which you thinks best, hope you like it :D

Dearcolour.jpg

dearbw.jpg

Well, I wanted to give it a try, too.

Pax-Bild_edit.jpg

Riano, thank you for your tries. Both are an improvement. They look very soft and gentle. That suits my wifes character very well. :D

Corinna - erm, weren't you the one who considered herself having no real PS-skills?!? Well, what you did to the photo proves that you were either understating your skills or that you have learned a LOT since then. The colours seem to "pop out" of the picture and you managed to get rid of much of the grain. It doesn't look like such an old picture anymore, which is exactly what I'm after. Very well done!

thanks Pax :) the use of NeatImage will get rid of the noise from the pictures, its free to download! i like a bit of grain in a pic though ;)

Maybe a little late but I've given it a go too. If you want me to have a go with the larger version, just say (could probably get a better result with the larger version).

Dear%20copy.jpg

ScanSoft Paperport 9.0/PageViewer that come bundled with Brother printers is quite reliable to restore old photo...just click auto-enhance and if its too dark or bright u can adjust per shade of darkness/brightness...

Most reactions

Back