Retouched bridge in rainstorm - C & C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The original really isn't that interesting, but I wanted to try something with it. Played around with various ideas. Thought this one came out okay. It was taken through my car windshield during a rainstorm -- hence the droplet. Version #2 is with sepia added and then unsaturated. Version #3 doesn't have the "old look" effect applied. Any thought?

WardenWoods-BRIDGE-EDIT-1a.jpg

WardenWoods-BRIDGE-EDIT-1b.jpg

WardenWoods-BRIDGE-EDIT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I've since added a second version of the "old" look, for a total of three versions. The droplet could probably be removed, but it would be a ton of work. Best to wait until the next rainstorm and reshoot from outside the car. From the way this summer's been going here in Toronto, it looks like I'll have plenty of opportunities. The bridge is right around the corner from my house.

Here's the original, to give you some idea of what I started with. Definitely not very exciting.

WardenWoods-78.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, I think I would go for a reshoot if I were you (or try a different subject). Out of all the versions the first is probably the best, but IMO it's not obvious enough that it's a raindrop to have any artistic value.

I like the second one better, highlights the bridge a bit more, the water droplet is a nice touch, however after looking at it for a while it does get a bit annoying, for first glance, it a good picture!

DWHJR

Well, comparing it to the original, you've done a helluva job making it look better, I must say. You're right, the original, no offence, really isn't that brilliant, and my favourite, number 1, is certainly way better. But, I dunno, I'm not quite sure what to look at. I'd quite like to see that one, but with all of the photo in focus (it looks like you've made the edges soft via PP).

Still, it's a really nice take on a quite ordinary subject.

the whole image is just kind of distracting. there does not seem to be a subject to it at all, rather just an example of a photoshop filter.
im with Photog, go for a reshoot.

Most reactions

Back