voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't been out to shoot lately (other than the moonlit exposures) so I decided, with the storm coming in, there might be some good lighting.

I arrived around 6:15pm and it was pouring. I waited for the rain to slow down to grab my gear. I had forgotten my umbrella in the car several months back, but I was quite happy to find it in the trunk. I wasn't sure what the rain was going to do, so I didn't venture too far down the trail before snapping this.

0903_01.jpg

It started to rain again as I was rushing to get my camera back into the backpack. I walked a little further and the rain stopped again.
This shot is actually bracketed and combined using a gradient on a layer mask to simulate a gradual ND filter.

0903_02.jpg

After running through a few more shots, the light went behind the hills on the horizon. It was starting to rain again, so I decided to head back to my car. With some lightning going on behind the Superstitions, I setup my tripod inside the car and blew through a ton of shots w/o capturing a single defined bolt.

0903_03.jpg

Something about the desert and a little narrative just seems to work huh? :wink:

Glad someone got out tonight to get that light while I was napping :p

The first 2 are by far some of the best compositions I've seen from you of that place. Awsome stuff :thumbsup: I' now fully motivated to go find something myself this weekend.........

I love the second pic.... can I make a print of it?

That second one is beautiful. Wonderful work!

So, you need to go play in the rain a bit more often, eh? ;)

Great shots Voods, I really like the last one best I think. Tough call though.

ooo, I like all of them, but the first one is most visually interesting with the broken cloud action..... nice work! :D

I'll bet he's out again today as we have the same, if not better, conditions today. I know I'm getting outta here this afternoon for some potential crazy light and cloud action. Late season monsoon always produces something if you're in the right place.

My money says we see Voodoo at Gold Canyon again :?:

The lighting is great in the second one. I like how it just glows in the background. I have to agree with craig about the third one. It does have a haunting personality to it, which makes it interesting to look at.

Most reactions

Back