Reuters photog turning 50 (some snapshots)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wifes uncle Rick Wilking (Reuters) and family were in town over the weekend for what they thought would be a 29th wedding anniversary for some other family members. Little did they know that it was actually a surprise b-day party for both of them (since they both turn 50 in a month or so) so I got to play photographer for the day :shock:

It just felt really strange being on the opposite side of the camera from someone who has spent their entire life crossing the globe with a camera in hand. Almost seemed sacreligious or something :lol: In the end I snapped off a few that aren't too bad but unfortunately I had a good deal with camera shake in them :(

Sharon, Me, Angela (my wife), and Rick . . .
rabs7807.jpg

From the "head" table . . .
rs7760.jpg

Dual purpose cake!
rs7754.jpg

Standing next to a "tribute" table of some of Ricks work . . .
rs7757.jpg

Not the best stuff but at least I learned ALOT about my new flash. It is definately true what they say about E-TTL being inconsistant in harsh backlight/fill situations :confused:

Good job, I really like number three, now im craveing cake :drool:

Oh, the first makes me happy to see, for I get to see you yourself, Canon Fan, and your wife. She looks wonderful in her present stage. The last time I was expecting, I found the last 4 weeks hardest to stand, not because I was so big and everything felt so heavy, but because I was so curious! I so wanted to KNOW at last the little person who had been living inside me for all that while by then ;).

the cake looks tasty :D
that's great you have a pro photog in your family :)

Rick has the same look on his face that I get whenever I see a camera - "I'm supposed to be behind that - not in front of it!"

Glad the party went well!

Most reactions

Back