reverse macro lens

Brently

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was looking at lenses at the photo store today (used) and i dont know what kind to get. I have a 50mm now that works but i want close shots... will all lenses do the same?

They had a 400mm lens with a hood on it but i dont think it will work with my Sony cyber shot p72 because i dont have enough zoom to go the length of the lens (about a foot long).

what lens should i look for?

the best lens for reversing is between 50mm-60mm

you took the 50mm and that's great.

i don't exactly understand the problem but if you can describe it a little, if you see vignetting or to small enlargment or any additional info will be great.

you dont understand the problem with the 400mm? there will be black on the edges and a circle picture.

if 50mm is the best i can do, i will just stay with what ive got, i wish i could get closer, guess i need new camera

This is what the problem would be (i did this with my 50mm and no zoom with the digital camera)
20a10b07.jpg

As far as I know that is not the problem of 400 mm and others. You should use the lens diameter as your camera allows to. For example my Zenith allows me to add 52 mm lens so I buy only this size. And if you reverse it there won't be so big vignieting (those black eges). To reduce them completely I open the apperture on the maximum... it's 2.something . The focal lenght (400mm) will give you only the distance between you and object that you want to take photo of. If this parameter is bigger you will get worse macro.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I use this and it's ok.

Most reactions

Back