Reversers.... good or bad? And other questions.

TiaS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to take macro photos but only have the kit lens and a 50 mm 1.8 lens, so far. (Am currently researching for a cheap zoom lens that is at least decent).

Money is an issue right now and so I was thinking of getting a reverser to make my 50 mm into a macro. Does anyone know how effective this tecnique is? Good or bad experiences?

Also can I get a 'teleconverer' type of thing that does the opposite... that makes it into a wide angle?

The last question is what lens brands can I put on my Canon 1000D (I was thinking that in another brand I could maybe afford my first zoom).

I hope to someday get a nice L lens that is a 'one in all', from wide angle to super awesome zoom:)

You technically don't even need a reverser- you just need to hold the lens steady. I also recommend putting on a UV filter to prevent scratches.

I don't know about reversers though- macro isn't my thing, I just gave it a trial run once just to see how well it would work.

The reversers work just fine and, yes it works very well with practice as anything else. You might also look at extension tubes which I think work much better.

Most reactions

Back