Reversers.... good or bad? And other questions.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by TiaS, Mar 7, 2010.

1. TiaS

TiaS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I want to take macro photos but only have the kit lens and a 50 mm 1.8 lens, so far. (Am currently researching for a cheap zoom lens that is at least decent).

Money is an issue right now and so I was thinking of getting a reverser to make my 50 mm into a macro. Does anyone know how effective this tecnique is? Good or bad experiences?

Also can I get a 'teleconverer' type of thing that does the opposite... that makes it into a wide angle?

The last question is what lens brands can I put on my Canon 1000D (I was thinking that in another brand I could maybe afford my first zoom).

I hope to someday get a nice L lens that is a 'one in all', from wide angle to super awesome zoom:)

2. SnapLocally

SnapLocally TPF Noob!

You technically don't even need a reverser- you just need to hold the lens steady. I also recommend putting on a UV filter to prevent scratches.

I don't know about reversers though- macro isn't my thing, I just gave it a trial run once just to see how well it would work.

3. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The reversers work just fine and, yes it works very well with practice as anything else. You might also look at extension tubes which I think work much better.