Review my Wordpress website

Great site and great photos! I wish I had the know how to do a wordpress site like that. I'm stuck using template sites like 4ormat.

It's very easy! All you is a good web host who will let you install Wordpress through the cpanel and then buy a premium theme. I would do yourself a big favor and learn some CSS and HTML. Learning PHP and Javascript will come with time if you experiment with the website files, since a website should always be evolving to something better :)

I know a little CSS and HTML, I initially created my site with dreamweaver but it wasn't so great.
I also have wordpress installed in my godaddy account I just never really found a good walkthrough.

I haven't found good walkthrough's either. I think I will make one for the forum in this section, so people can actually start making decent sites. :)

Great!! It has taken me forever to get on! Looks great, thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

Great site and great photos! I wish I had the know how to do a wordpress site like that. I'm stuck using template sites like 4ormat.

It's very easy! All you is a good web host who will let you install Wordpress through the cpanel and then buy a premium theme. I would do yourself a big favor and learn some CSS and HTML. Learning PHP and Javascript will come with time if you experiment with the website files, since a website should always be evolving to something better :)

I'd rather spend my time out photographing instead of trying to evolve my website which is why I simply created a nice website that works well and will stick with that. :p

I'd rather spend my time out photographing instead of trying to evolve my website which is why I simply created a nice website that works well and will stick with that. :p

There's plenty of time to make a website.

Do you have a plan for your blog?

There's very little on the internet that's lamer than a blog with 3 entries in it, all 2 years old. Photographers often blog about sessions they've had, which is at any rate content. You have to be pretty disciplined, though.

There's plenty of time to make a website.

True, but I don't feel the need to try and find improvements for a site of which I think it does exactly what I want.
I took my time creating my current website (I built it from scratch, no Wordpress or anything like it was used) so it would be good and I wouldn't have to change it a lot later.
It takes some time but it saves a lot of time later, and seeing as my main hobby is photography and not web development I like it that way. I'll keep the web development for my freelance jobs. ^^

There's very little on the internet that's lamer than a blog with 3 entries in it, all 2 years old. Photographers often blog about sessions they've had, which is at any rate content. You have to be pretty disciplined, though.

I usually post every shoot I do.
Nothing too in-depth usually but just a small general background story and the photos. I only go in-depth if I feel like it and I think people will like to read it.
There's no extreme discipline needed for this, takes me about 5 minutes usually.

Hi,
I had a look on your website and I like the theme you bought. It is quite modern and it reminds me the Pinterest style. I have a couple of advice:
In the navigation I don't easily understand the point of the "Investement" so you may need to find another keyword to put ther in order to be obvious to the visitors.
I also advaice you to change the permalinks and make the user frindly. You can do that my settings > permalinks > custom permalinks.
I also advice you to connect your site to your pinterest account, next to FB and Twitter.
I hope that helps you.

Blogging is a great way to show that you are expert in your field and earn some visibility on the web. It helps your site ranks well in search results!
But I agree you need to be disciplined!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back