Reviewing someone else's website

asfixiate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay ethical and professional but need help from some of the more advanced photographers in checking out a site for me. They did the wedding for my sister a year or 2 ago and I'm not very happy with their work. My sister was but she's not really into photography. Being so involved in photography as well as research I'm noticing a lot of composition errors as well as exposure problems.

I don't want to really name their name because its how they make their living but would like some opinions.

2 years ago is to long ago to bring up a compliant.

It sucks and I would feel annoyed too, especially if I was the bride, did they pay alot for the photographer?

Maybe you could offer to take some bridal portraits or a kind of engagement shoot I know wits two years on, but it may be fun?

Don't get me wrong. The shots are acceptable to my sister therefore acceptable to me. She is more than happy with them. I'm anal retentive and perfectionist so I'm noticing annoying little quirks with the shots.

The issues I have are things like shades on faces, shots that look like flashes were not used, etc.

researching exposure, technique, etc i think has made me to critical of shots honestly.

thats like buying a used car with dents on it and complaining about the dents two years later... if she is happy with the car why get into it?

i understand your point about anal retentive but it really has no place... this is a market purchase and if the photographers workmanship is poor it should show up in his/her folio.... if the workmanship was poor JUST for that day it should have been addressed at the time... if your sister is happy with the services rendered then you should butt out... find another battle.... maybe renew the jpg vs raw thread... or canon vs nikon...;)

They did the wedding for my sister a year or 2 ago and I'm not very happy with their work. My sister was but she's not really into photography.

If your sister is happy then that's all that should matter. If it was 1 or 2 years ago, it is too late to voice a grievance now. My suggestion would be to ask them for the raw files if they still have them. While you won't be able to fix composition, other than cropping, you'll be able to fix white balance and other annoyances. Just my two cents.

The whole buying the car thing doesn't apply as I'm not complaining to my sister nor to the photographer. I only saw one or two shots from the wedding and wasn't looking at them for more than the picture. to anyone who doesn't look at pictures everyday or worry about lighitng everyday they'd have no issues with paying this place. To someone who takes pictures and edits pictures they would notice what I saw. That is the reason for this post. Once again I worded someting one way it was taken out of context and I'm sorry.

Sister doesn't have any issues at all nor have I said anything to her at all. My OP is mainly to ask for someone to look at the shots and give opinions on things such as lighting, composition, etc.

I will say NOTHING to photographer or even sister I'm just curious what others would think.

I could care less about the photographer but looking at a lot of people's sites on this forum who do weddings non of them do the stuff that this place does. I've seen 0 of the same issues here.

Sorry we can close this thread. I messed up my wording and caused everyone to freak out when that wasn't my intention.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back