reviews d5500 for need wedding photos

minhsao88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like D5500, but I do not understand much about it, I need to buy it for 1 set of wedding photos shoots . You can the consultant help me with the possibility max 1000$, the camera is reasonable? thanks !

Welcome!

Do you have any experience taking photos of weddings?

If not, you should plan on learning some photography skills before the wedding.

Given your budget of $1,000, what is the price of that camera? I assume it comes with one lens, but which one? You will probably need to buy a flashgun at least. How much for a Nikon SB-910 in your area?

do you need a body and a lens for 1000.00 or just the body..

the d5500 is a nice camera body, paired up with a nice lens you can get some really nice photos.

if you need a external flash which you probably will for some wedding photos that will be indoors in bad lighting.. i have 2 of these and i really like them allot. they are inexpensive and you can get them on amazon Neewer VK750 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash.

personally i would look at a nikon D5300 or the d5500,
get that speedlight flash i mentioned. and you are gonna probably want a couple of lenses.

the nikon 18-55mm VR II lenses are actually pretty darn good and they are not very much money, often those will come with the camera body, that would be good for getting photos of groups of people.
you will also probably want a lens like a 55-200mm or even better a 70-200 2.8 so you can zoom in and get just one or two people that are farther away.. generally for taking close up photos of people you want to be using a 70mm lens or longer.. if you take a up close photo of a person at 18mm its gonna have some distortion and they may look funny.. take a upclose photo of a person with lets just say a 100mm lens and you not going to get that.

there are a few lensse like the 18-200mm and the 18-140mm and i know there is a new 16-80mm lens. those are nice all around lenses so you do not need to change lens for different shots. any of those would probably work well for what you are trying to do but probably wont give you quite as good image quality as getting 2 or 3 good separate lenses..

if you want really high quality images remember a really good lens will take really nice photos on most camera bodys, a low quality lens will take descent photos...

there are places where you can rent really lenses for a day or a few days,. you could get a nice camera body and see about rent a couple really nice lenses.. but say you have your camera body and a couple really nice lenses. unless you know what you are doing with the camera there is a chance you are not going to get quality photos. a camera is only as good as the photographer..

it sounds like your new to this so you can get a camera and try to do this your self, if you are inexperienced and you really need to have good quality photos that may not be the best option.. now if you are experienced and have been shooting with a point and shoot or something and get really nice photos with that. you will probably do ok with the DSLR but you do need to ask you self, do i think the photos i take if i get this camera are going to be good enough ??..

Most reactions

Back