Revised photograph I took:

iHTCHBK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd prefer to just pack my bags and move to Mexico. At least there I know I can eat beans and not worry about who is a potato wedge.

hasbro-mr-potato-head-spud-trooper.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like all you did was add a vignette, what's the point?

I see you added some vignette... did you do anything else?

What bothers me the most in the image is the darkness over the right side of her face.

She is very cute! And she has a nice expression
I will be curious to hear others responses. I photograph lots of dogs and seem to encounter the same problem (?) as you are here. When shooting straight on I always focus on the eyes, but then sometimes the nose is just out of focus enough that it looks off.
Otherwise.. I think the background on the left (and some above) is a little bland. I would maybe crop it down enough that she is not smack dab in the middle of the photo and also eliminate all the dead space over there

Vignette? was there a purpose for it?
Be careful shallowing DoF, many folks do so incorrectly and completely destroy the image. In fact, based on how much you did, you should just a bit blur the kickers of this beast.:thumbup:

Well ok this was from a P&S from when I just started taking pictures. I clearly stated I do not shoot photo's I am a videographer. I am looking for pointers and stuff to help me when doing a photograph like this. I was not really looking for negative feedback nor was I expecting it from such a positive forum.

Its not really negative, we're just confused as to how the second picture was improved from YOUR point of view.

Well ok this was from a P&S from when I just started taking pictures. I clearly stated I do not shoot photo's I am a videographer. I am looking for pointers and stuff to help me when doing a photograph like this. I was not really looking for negative feedback nor was I expecting it from such a positive forum.

If you want someone to pat your back and say, good job, no matter what there are other forums that are much better. If you want to learn, develop a bit thicker skin and accept the good and the bad.

As for C&C, sorry, I can't give you any. I'm too worried about your reaction.

the blown out leash takes away significantly. i also think a better (ie more thought out, design friendly, or plain) background without distractors such as the shadows(looks like a persons shadow) and edge of the cement would lend to the photograph.

if on a technical level the photo isn't snazzy, then at least on a compositional level it needs to be.

No one told you to give up.

It looks like you added a hint more contrast and/or moved the black slider on the levels adjustment which blacked out the left side of the face.

Other than the vignette, that is all I see different.

I think the original is better than the second, but the photo has too much contrast to start with, so watch out for that next time...as per the original posts question.

You are more than welcome to tear into me on any of my photo posts as I welcome a swift kick to the nuts if it will make me better.

Last edited:
what are you talking about negative feedback? You posted two pictures, that look almost IDENTICAL. What do you want?

Great job, they look the same!

Hmmm...does Videography have similar compositional elements, tools, processing styles and such as photogpaphy?

I have found I have been watching TV comercials differenlty, looking at composition.

Hmmm...does Videography have similar compositional elements, tools, processing styles and such as photogpaphy?

I have found I have been watching TV comercials differenlty, looking at composition.

There is somewhat a difference. I was not expecting a pat on the back nor a "good job" I clearly asked for pointers and all I got was blunt negative feedback. If anyone on here would like to assist me in learning proper techniques feel free to post. If you are just going to say this sucks or you dislike this or that then leave.

I didn't see the first one you posted but this one has too much top lighting and not enough front lighting. That is why there is noise in the body of the subject. Lighting is flat as well. You need to move your top light more to the front. To the left or right and add a reflector on the opposite side of the light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back