revisiting site of 3yr old photo c&c

swells

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always liked this photo and I may have a chance to revisit this location later in the summer. At the time I only had a Canon elf PS SD300. I am looking for a little C&C before I make it back. I had a few questions after revisiting this photo. The treeline along the top. I didn't hink it was too important lase time, mostly because it was overcase, but I am wondering if a little bule sky (if available) would enhance the photo. It was taken @f/4; 1/60; 12.1mm at 11:16am. It's in a hollow, so I don't know if there will actually be anymore light to fill in the shadows. The only decent vantage point is off a bridge, so I was also wondering how the 12.1mm from a PS will relate to a D90. Will the 18-55 capture the same area or more?
3755549174_1e04d7eb96.jpg

I think you have a few different options with this spot.

Either get down closer to the water and shoot along the water surface/looking up at the mill

OR

Cut out the water and include the sky.

Also, try not to put the mill smack dab in the middle of the shot, remember the rule of thirds.

Thanks guys. I'll have a little more equipment to choose from this time and will try a few different vantage points as suggested. Also, with the 55-200mm I hope to be able to zoom in with a little more clarity. I tried with the SD300 but it just didnt have the power. attached below.

3754968845_64158526cd.jpg

i would go to the left end of the bridge and step down to the shore then try to frame the shot so the opposite shoreline creates a leading line into the mill. if the trees will provide a second leading line into the mill you should get something nice.

good luck
jerry

Most reactions

Back