rewinding film in my zenit?

scyzoryk_o4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, Im just learning to use my enit 12x. now im not sure if its something im just missing or whats going on but i just cant get the film wheel sprockets to spin. Like when i go to rewind the film( right now im just using an already ruined film to practice on) i cant cause the sprockets wont budge.. any help

well this is a really old camera, you have to rewind manually. My problem is when i try to rewind it just wont budge. like it goes ok forwards to load the film but not backwards.

Have you depressed the rewind sleeve as shown on the page I listed?

OMG! Yesterday i spent an hour looking at that exact manual try to figure it out and i couldnt...i guess i was to tired to figure out what a rewind sleeve is..Ya i got it now thanks alot

No problem, enjoy using your 'Tank'!

My Father had an old Zenith E many years ago and it took some really great images over many trouble-free years.

1 more question.. when u rewind.. do u rewind till the film is all the way inside the case? or do u keep that little bit sticking out?

IMO Thats down to whether you are developing the film yourself - Personally I'd leave it out if I were doing it myself but wind it right in if sending it to a lab.

Also a film canister with the leader sticking out looks just like an unexposed roll of film and can easily be accidentally put through the camera again!! (if you do this make sure you mark the film canister 'EXPOSED' with a pen or label)

The other reason for leaving it out is if you remove the film 'mid-roll' to maybe swap films for a particular reason, as long as you make a note of the frame you were on, you can put the film back in later (with the lens cap firmly on) and press the shutter and wind on repeatedly to where you left off (+ one frame to be safe) and simply carry-on using the film.

WoW kevin I feel like i owe you a beer or something for all your help...next time im in England The first couple care on me!! Haha well thanks again

I always rewind my films completely to avoid confusion with new films. When I want to develop the exposed ilms, I use one of those to retrieve the film leader from the cartrudge.

I always rewind my films completely to avoid confusion with new films. When I want to develop the exposed ilms, I use one of those to retrieve the film leader from the cartrudge.

Or you can use a beer bottle top opener to remove the end of the canister...

Or you can use a beer bottle top opener to remove the end of the canister...
That's all I've ever used. I never had any luck with the other gadget, and eventually quit trying to mess with it. I figured by the time I fooled with repeated tries to retrieve the leader, I could have already popped off the canister end and had the film loaded on the reel. :lol:

Whatever works! :D

When I learnt to develop film, I found it difficult to open the canister, cut the leader and load he film in complete darkness. I got used to use the film retriever, cut the leader and start to load the film on the reel (ancouple of centimetres) with the lights on and finish loading in darkness. But as Terri said: Whatever works!!

Most reactions

Back