RF Shutter release ??

ratssass

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm looking at (RF) remote shutter releases for my d7000,and have a few questions.....why would the promaster go for almost twice as much as most others i've looked at (Yongnou,Bower,a few others).And does the reciever actually need to be mounted on the hot shoe?If so,do i need to look into things deeper to support a remote flash?Right now i use the onboard flash to trigger the remote (slave?).

You mentioned two different things here. Remote camera shutter release via radio and remote flash trip via radio.

I'm not real sure how your camera is set up for controlling it remotely but my D700 and D200's have a terminal into which I plug the receiver for the radio activated remote shutter. My d70 is activated by an infrared transmitter. But in any case I'm pretty sure you don't have to put the shutter remote control receiver in the hot shoe.

The flash trigger transmitter is another matter. My D700 (D200's also) have a flash sync terminal I can use to trigger by wire or by radio transmitter connected to it. Alternatively I can put the flash transmitter in the hot shoe and activate it that way.

You control the shutter release by radio and the camera then activated the flash radio transmitter which then tell the flash to fire.

If you really want to get fancy you can attach a wifi transmitter to the camera and have images displayed and downloaded to various computers or other devices simultaneously. Camara control will even let you play with some of the camera settings remotely.

Have fun. (All this chit costs money.)

Promaster costs more because people pay for it. First rule of business: Charge what the market will bear.

No, the receiver does not have to be on the shoe to trigger the shutter. But constantly hanging it by the cord isn't the best option either. Shoe mount whenever possible.

...thank you,both.Sparky,I read your review on the Pixel TW-282 RF remote...are you completely satisfied with it?The reason I ask is that is in the price range of the promaster i'm looking at,and would much rather spend on a recommended product,than a particular brand a photo store sells.Also,perhaps i didn't describe this right in my previous post,but what i would like to be able to do is,use the onboard flash to trigger my remotely located speedlight (via photocell).That was my concern regarding the hotshoe mount.A small piece of dble sided tape oughtta fix that.

Most reactions

Back