TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm after a wee bit of help. I was doing some OCF pics the other day when my Yonguno RF603-Cs (one was on my 7D and one on my YN460 flash) just stopped triggering each other half way through the shoot for no apparent reason. I changed the batteries but no joy. I switched through all the different channels but still no joy. Thankfully I had a backup cable for my flash just in case the triggers failed.

The lights on the triggers come on and seem to work but but one wont trigger the other when the top button is pressed. I'm just wondering now if they are goosed or any ideas to get them working again?

I use several 603-C units, and I remember that happened to me once a few years ago, but I'm having trouble remembering EXACTLY what the problem was. I know it had to do with how I had my camera set up for the shot, like shutter speed/flash settings/etc., so chalk it up to "user error".

Once I figured it out, it was all good again.

I wish my memory was better for you. All I can advise is that you take it all back to basics, pull out the camera manual if necessary, and make sure that there's no setting stopping the signal from triggering the hot shoe on your camera.

The lights on the triggers come on and seem to work but but one wont trigger the other when the top button is pressed.
Wait.

I just reread and caught this part. I thought you were talking about pushing the shutter button when you said "the top button". But just in case you're not... You can't trigger them just by pushing the button on one of them, UNLESS that trigger you're pushing the button on is connected to the camera's shutter sync port.

You can plug one into the shutter port, and push one that's not connected to anything and it will fire the shutter through the one plugged into the port, but it won't fire the ones on the lights. Those will only be fired by activation of the one in the hot shoe being fired by the camera itself when the shutter fires.

Actually, you can also fire them by connecting their pc ports in various ways, but that's a different discussion.

the only time ive ever had issues with mine was the batteries were dead or the cable to the camera (using remote shutter) was bad.

you cant trigger other units without it being on camera (both green status lights), or unless you modify the units.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out tonight. I don't use them that often so a schoolboy error is a distinct possibility

Most reactions

New Topics

Back