Ride em cowboy - statue

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by thebeginning, Jun 3, 2005.

1. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I posted this a while ago but recently edited it and decided to post it in critique. photo turned out a bit darker than i thought, at least in the shadows, so try to forgive that. First time i've tried this border technique...it took longer than i was hoping :).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a nice shot and I like the way you have it framed with the hooves coming out of the frame which gives it a more 3d feel to it. The only complaint I have is the blown out sky, but I know from experience, there isn't a whole lot you can do about that.

3. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

ditto on the blown out sky, also the severe shadowing on the statue hides a lot of the details (unless my monitor is crap (which it probably is))

however, i absolutely LOVE the hooves going into the border, that's absolutely brilliant!!!

4. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeaaah i took at the wrong time of day...around 2. so i had a pretty blown out sky, and bad shadowing. is there a way to select the sky and then paste in another sky? And it only shows up where you selected?

5. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

yes, but it's gonna be a pain in the a** given that tree line. you'll need a PS pro for that one! but the more i think about it, you may work in a gradient sky..hmmmmm.

interesting effect with the border.